Mission & Vision
New Mexico Kidney Foundation was created as a response to a need seen by Renal Medicine Associates providers and some patients affected by renal disease in our community. In 2015, doctors Fidel Barrantes, Biju Cherian and Nurse Practitioner Beth Evans, led the initial efforts to get the foundation set up. With the assistance of several members of the community and patients affected by renal disease the foundation was formed in late 2015 and received non profit status in late 2015.
Foundation recognizes the great efforts of the following founding board members Jaclyn Starr, Poly Azar, Felicia C de Vaca, Dr. Richard Goldman and Mrs. Cheryl Goldman. We also greatly appreciate the early support of Gary Nelson and Chad Worthen for helping to set up the strategic planning and legal bases for our organization.
Our Foundation Provides comprehensive educational resources for prevention, awareness in individuals with or at risk of kidney disease.
New Mexico Kidney Foundation is a non profit organization dedicated to kidney disease prevention by enhancing awareness, and improving the quality of life of people with or at risk of kidney disease through education, research and philanthropic projects.
- Community Education-School, senior centers, community organizations, disadvantaged communities
- Education in Native American Communities
- Health Care Provider’s education
- Patients with Kidney disease education
- Research that evaluates impact of foundation projects in kidney disease in the state of NM
- Developing IT applications that can be used to improve health literacy in renal disease in the community
- Support to patients on dialysis to achieve specific goals through strategic partnership with local dialysis support
- Help to individual patients that need assistance with pre-kidney transplant work up (for example- dental work up, weight loss)
We aspire to improve the quality of life in individuals with or at risk of kidney disease, decrease kidney failure rates and increase transplant rates in New Mexico.
At New Mexico Kidney Foundation, we value our clients and constituencies and we are committed to:
- Strategic Partnership
- Constant Improvement
- Service and Being eco-friendly