The foundation has focused in helping this group of patients on the following projects:
- Food Support – Collaborating with Roadrunner Food Bank, the foundation will be providing 500 pounds of fresh produce to 100 dialysis patients throughout various units in the Albuquerque Metro area. This is provided at no cost to patients.
If you are a dialysis patient and want to know if your unit is participating in this program, ask your dialysis unit manager for information. Or if you would like to make a donation to this specific program, please contact the foundation coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dental Assistance – RMA Foundation is working to ensure that dialysis patients are educated about oral health. We have partnered with Fresenius dialysis units to develop a program where patients can receive education about oral health at their unit and also initiate referrals when problems are found. -This project is still being developed.
- Yoga for dialysis patients – Here at RMA Foundation we recognize the importance of a healthy mind and body especially when stress affects our body. Dialysis can be a stressful event for many patients. Our foundation is working with local yoga providers to evaluate the possibility of providing yoga sessions to patients on dialysis as a way to cope with stress. -This project is still being developed.
If you are a certified yoga trainer and would like to volunteer in this project, please contact the RMA Kidney Foundation.
- Physical Therapy – Physical activity is very important in our lives. Medical specialists recommend at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity, such as cycling or brisk walking, every week and strength exercises on two or more days a week that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms). Dialysis patients may be at a disadvantage to perform these recommendations due to various reasons. We are currently working to develop a program where patients can receive some training to support and increment their physical activity. -This project is still being developed.
If you are a physical therapist and would like to volunteer in this project, please contact the RMA Kidney Foundation.
- Transport Programs – RMA Foundation is looking to partner with local organizations to improve adherence to dialysis treatments by ensuring availability of transportation to dialysis units. -This project is still being developed.
If you have experience in this field and would like to contribute with RMA Foundation to develop this project, please contact us.